For Psychological and Medical Evaluations
Our team of clinical evaluators at Survivors International/Trauma Recovery Center provides psychological evaluations to asylum seekers in order to document the mental health sequelae of persecution and torture. Psychological evaluations provide documentation of mental health symptoms consistent with trauma from persecution and torture that may aid in the asylum application process.
In addition, we collaborate with the UCSF Internal Medicine residency program to offer medical evaluations for asylum seekers. The evaluations are performed by trained physicians in order to document any physical evidence of torture and trauma.
Please note that medical evaluations are available only to clients who also receive a psychological evaluation.
1) Adult survivor of torture OR Adult secondary survivor of torture OR Adult survivor of gender-based violence
2) Must be a San Francisco resident
Documents Needed from the attorney:
1) Declaration (draft OK)
2) Referral Sheet: CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
Kindly mail or fax a completed copy of the Psychological and Medical Evaluation Referral Form to us at:
Fax: (415) 437-3050
Trauma Recovery Center
2727 Mariposa Street, Suite 100
San Francisco, CA 94110
What happens to a referral after it is submitted to Survivors International?
- New referrals are reviewed weekly.
- The referring party will be contacted by Survivors International within a week; if we cannot evaluate your client for any reason, including ineligibility or service capacity, we will do our best to provide you with appropriate referrals.
If you have any questions about asylum documentation, please feel free to contact Cristina Biasetto, Clinical Social Worker, at (415) 437-3049.